Surprising is the word you’ll be...
Surprising is the word you’ll be looking for after tasting this delight from one of the best Slovenian wine producers, Simčič, known and greatly cherished outside of our borders, too. His Sauvignonasse rich aroma eventually develops into a very complex taste, offering something special to everyone. (0,75L)
Warning: Last items in stock!
- 92 points (2014) - JamesSuckling.com
- Only natural methods
- 8 months in stainless steel tanks
- Colour: yellow
- Nose: rich, long-lasting aroma
- Nose: herbal note, fragrance of dried flowers
- Palate: initially peachy, then fruity
- Palate: complex, rich and elegant body
- Food: independent appetiser, modern cuisine
- Grape type: Sauvignonasse
- Alcohol: 12,5%
Once known as Tocai Friulano, this highly-popular wine variety is now known as Sauvignonasse in Slovenia. But the change of name that followed a dispute with the neighbouring wine producers didn’t hurt its reputation in the least. Sauvignonasse still offers a pristine Slovenian taste and there are very few (if any) wine producers that can bottle this taste better than Marjan Simčič does. If you want to discover the wonderful world of Goriška Brda white wines, Brda Classic Sauvignonasse is definitely a good place to start…