An exquisite blend of two red grape...
An exquisite blend of two red grape varieties, Merlot and Cabernet sauvignon, Simčič’s Teodor Red Selections (Teodor Rdeče Selekcija) is matured in barrique oak barrels for years and blended right before bottling, offering a seductive, rich and complex taste that builds a lasting impression on taste buds. (0,75L)
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
- Rich in colour, extremely rich body
- 48 months in French oak barrels
- Only natural methods
- Selected grapes from older vineyards
- Colour: dark velvety red color
- Nose: dark berries, jams, tobacco & fresh leather
- Palate: rich, spicy, fruity: dark berries & plums
- Food: traditional & modern haute cuisine
- Food: meat dishes, slightly spiced sheep milk cheese
- Grape type: Merlot (85%), Cabernet Sauvignon (15%)
- Ageing: 15 years or longer
- Alcohol: 14,0%
Teodor Red Selections is certainly not your usual wine you quickly grab from the shelf whenever you feel like taking a sip; instead, it is a sophisticated delight, starting with the careful cultivation of grapes and separate maturation according to variety. Unfiltered and rich in velvety-red colour, this fine blend is extremely persistent and can be aged for 15 years or even longer, making it a precious addition to any fine wine connoisseur’s collection. A must have for all who wish to explore the rich taste of one of Slovenia’s most renowned wine producers and Slovenian red wines in general!